Sunday, September 18, 2011

Comedy LaughIn Comes to Lake County!

     We've lived in Wauconda for over a year now and it is quite an adjustment from downtown Arlington Heights (and prior to that the City of Chicago).  Thankfully, it is a welcome adjustment that I cherish every day as I walk with my five dogs in Wauconda's serene and pastoral dog park.

     What do I miss most?  The nearby comedy scene, of course.  With the closing of Zanies Comedy Club in Vernon Hills, it is a solid 45 minute drive to another similar establishment.  However, with the arrival of ComedyLaughIn (ComedyLaughIn.com), a new comedy stage is coming to Wauconda that is the brainstorm of Monica Jablonski, Vickie (the "Vickie" of Vickies' Personal Salon and Spa), and myself.  We're thrilled there will be another entertainment venue nearby that will give audiences a place to laugh and relieve stress and allow their spirits to soar!

  Right now ComedyLaughIn is a once a month venture until January 1, 2012.  After that, the future is wide open to us as the present tenant leaves the premises.

     Opening week, I will perform clean stand up comedy from my one person show "Family Lunacy!"  My son, Steven Haas  will open for me.  He is one of Zanies' fastest rising stars with his clean material written brilliantly (Yes, that's the word on the comedy circuit.)

     Admission is $20.  It is a flat fee because it is a BYOB venue.  (No hidden costs or tips.)

     Best of all, the young people of Wauconda will now have a entertainment destination that includes laughter, fun and friendships.

     I love Wauconda for so many reasons.  And now I love it even more!  Visit ComedyLaughIn at 349 South Barrington Road in Wauconda.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment