Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Gearing up for "Comedy Laugh In!"

     I love Wauconda.  And I don't say that lightly.  I Luuuuvvvvv Wauconda!  We moved here one year and four months ago from Arlington Heights and I'm still drinking in the country.  Owning five dogs, I knew I was out of place in Arlington Heights.  (The fact that the police were against dogs in the park also was a big clue.  I told my husband I was forever on the "lam.")
    Of course, all moves have their give and takes.  The big take is the dog park woods where I take my dogs for walks twice a day.  The give (away) is the distance of every and all comedy clubs.  With Zanies leaving Vernon Hills, I feel like I'm on remote island where I have no good access to my craft.

     This summer I went on a quest to find a place for my humor.  And oddly enough, I ran into the answer in my own backyard.  One of my friends, Monica Jablonski, was looking for activites to place in a soon-to-be-vacant space which a part of Vickie's Plaza that includes the a beautiful salon and spa.  Located on Route 59 and just seconds from Route 12, the location is ideal.  Another big advantage for me is that women who frequent Vickie's are my audience - women who would absolutely love to get together and laugh!
     Days later Vickie, Monica and I met to discuss the possibility of bringing comedy (along with other great daily classes and workshops) to the beautiful vacant space.  Our ideas seemed unlimited.  We knew that Wauconda needed something wonderful to call its very own.  I felt elated that I could share the culture I'd know for 25 years - the comedy scene.  Comedy is almost an addiction in its ability to relieve stress and forget about all the troubles of the day and/or week.  It's been a blessing I have known most of my life.  I wanted to give this gift back to Wauconda. 

     With opening day just three days away, the mood at Vickie's Plaza is thrilling.  I know that comedy is a wonderful gift that keeps on giving.  I'm so happy to bring comedy home!
     Days later,

No comments:

Post a Comment