Friday, November 29, 2013

When the Law of Attraction Collides with the World of Stand Up Comedy

I am a big fan of The Secret.  Ever since my first viewing of the tremendous video of the same name, I always seem to have a bit of "universal attractionfloating in the back of my mind.  If nothing else, it's just plain fun.  I tend to have strong focus (sometimes more than I'd like judging by the number of rescued dogs in my house) and a clear picture in my mind of the goal I am trying to attain.

     A couple of weeks ago, I had one of those "secret" moments which really caused my jaw to drop!  As I drove in my car from errand to errand throughout the northwest suburbs of Chicago, I listened to WGN Radio.  I am fascinated by the humor and interaction of Bill Leff and Wendy Snyder.

     As I listened to the two co-hosts interact I imagined how absolutely wonderful it would be to co-host a show on WGN Radio.   I absolutely love being a guest comedian on WGN Radio and whenever I leave the Chicago radio station after an interview, I feel like the kid who has to leave the birthday party early.  To me, being a guest on the radio is very much like having an endless conversation with a girlfriend on the phone.  Chat, chat, laugh, chat and laugh.  What's not to like?!  Let's just say I was basically consumed by these thoughts of co-hosting on WGN Radio as I ran errands this afternoon and could not let them go.

     When I came home from running my errands I sat down at my computer and there was an email from Rick Geiser who is the publicist for Zanies Comedy Clubs.  Right there in front of me in black and white was an inquiry as to whether I would like to co-host an hour home improvement show called The Down and Dirty Show with Frank Fontana!  Would I?!

     Have you ever had the Universe work so diligently for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment