Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Top Ten Clean Comedians

As a clean corporate female comedian as well as a regular at Zanies Comedy Club, I am fortunate to perform regularly at corporate events because my humor is clean and my jokes and premises are non-offensive. I perform clean comedy because I love the challenge of discovering whether or not something is truly funny.  I enjoy knowing that a joke can be funny on it's own merit and creativeness. Over the years I have been inspired and influenced by other clean comedians. I admire their genius.

Top Ten Clean Comedians

1)  Brian Regan - For many years, Brian was a "Comedian's Comedian."  He was a well-kept secret among professionals who knew great clean comedy.  Eventually top management caught up with his talent and he went on to perform on the largest stages for comedy in the country.
Clean Comedian Brian Regan and Female Clean ComedianSally Edwards at Zanies Comedy Club
Clean Comedian Brian Regan and Female Clean Comedian Sally Edwards

2)  Jim Gaffigan - Jim's new book "Dad is Fat!" is taking the comedy community by storm.  Jim's stand-up comedy is as funny as his written word.  Jim Gaffigan's clean comedy fills the seats and he is a familiar face from coast-to-coast.
Comedian Jim Gaffigan - Clean Comedy
Comedian Jim Gaffigan

3)  Carol Leifer  - I first saw Carol Leifer when she was performing at The Comic Strip in New York City. It was suggested by Ritchie Tienkin that I move to New York when he saw me performing at The Comic Strip in Florida.  I was new to New York but Carol was a seasoned pro. She eventually moved to L.A. and became a top writer on the Seinfeld Show.
Comedian Carol Leifer
Comedian Carol Leifer
4)  Jay Leno - Before Jay Leno hit The Tonight Show stage, he was a young comedian who claims to have slept in his car before achieving any success.  I first saw him in Elmhurst, IL wearing his motorcycle jacket and boots and delivering edgy clean stand-up comedy.  We all know where that led him.
Comedian Jay Leno
Comedian Jay Leno
5)  Jimmy Brogan - Regarded as the best emcee in the country by comedians who know him, he was Jay Leno's head writer for 10 years.  The night that I met him through a friend at St. Mary's of Notre Dame, I told my sister that I'd met the funniest person in my life.  Good instincts!
Comedian Jimmy Brogan
Comedian Jim Brogan

6)  Paula Poundstone - I never actually met Paula Poundstone when she was on the road working as a comedian.  However, I did see her from afar as I stopped by the club where she was performing when we were in the same city.  Another gifted comedian, she excels at audience interaction.
Comedian Paula Poundstone
Comedian Paula Poundstone

7) Jeff Allen - I started doing comedy just a few years after Jeff Allen took the plunge.  He was dynamite at The Comedy Cottage in Rosemont and he's never slowed down.  Christian audiences who appreciate clean Christian Comedians welcome his clean humor with open arms.

Christian Comedian Jeff Allen

8)  Mike Toomey - Playing "Skip Parker" on the WGN Morning News, Mike Toomey demonstrates his ability to appear as numerous funny characters.  What the WGN audience was not initially aware of was the fact that Mike Toomey is a well-known and brilliant clean comedian in the Chicago area.  He is now a permanent part of the WGN morning news show.

Comedian Mike Toomey
Comedian Mike Toomey
9)  Ellen Degeneres - When you're known by one name, you have made it.  ... Just call me "Sally."

Comedian Ellen Degeneres
Ellen
10)  Steven Haas - O.K.  I'm biased here.  Steven Haas is my son and he is taking L.A. by storm.  A new L.A. clean comedian, he came in first-placed in the Flapper's Comedy Competition last Sunday.  He is getting top reviews and I am so proud of him!
Clean Comedian Steven Haas
Comedian Steven Haas


No comments:

Post a Comment