Friday, October 18, 2013

Female Christian Comedians and Christian Television

I am thrilled that Christian television is now welcoming female Christian Comedians on their faith-based shows.  Yesterday I had the fantastic experience of appearing on "Voices in the Wilderness" - a Christian television show that invites guests whose lives have been changed as a result of their faith.  Having documented such a personal incident in my new book "Comedy Mom - My Funny Stand-up Life", I was asked to be a guest on the show because I bring my Christian comedy to women's groups.  My own story focuses on my early efforts to be a professional stand-up comedian who performs clean comedy.  During my years as a new clean comedian, I suffered terrible stage-fright. However, my life transformed on a Sunday morning in church the day I heard the words, "Go with the fear! If God gives you a gift, you are meant to share it."

This singular message gave me the strength to return to the comedy stage as a Christian woman comedian and conquer my stage-fright.  For years, it was a continuing constant challenge.  Eventually, my fears gave way to strength and I am now a very successful funny clean Christian Comedian and I have been performing clean comedy shows for over 20 years.  I urge everyone to listen to your inner voice and share your gifts even though it may be a struggle.

Many thanks to my gracious host, Maria Goldstein, for her own strength in helping others with her shared gift of a wonderful faith-based Christian television show.


Maria Goldstein and Funny Female Christian Comedian Sally Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment