Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wauconda Loves to Laugh

Today I co-hosted the Wauconda Women in Business luncheon with Lisa Blackmore, who is a top-notch Mary Kay Consultant.  (Yes!  She even drives a pink Cadillac!)  I am using the term "co-hosted" loosely since Lisa is a superb hostess who thinks of everything.  I walked in carrying cheese cake from the bakery section of Jewel Foods (but I admit - it tasted amazing.)

Since both of us are true to our businesswoman titles, neither of us cook.  I am not admitting to not knowing how to cook.  I just don't.  I learned a long time ago that what I cook - I eat.  That was thirty pounds ago with three children in the house and I'm not making that mistake again.

The Wauconda women's group is a hoot and that includes the competition of a thousand comedy shows that I've seen.  Knowing each other as beloved acquaintances and friends with quirks, we laugh at each other's 30 second short speeches and crack jokes at each other's expense.  The good news is we respect each other's expertise and try to "Shop Wauconda" whenever possible.

Since I've joined the chamber I've asked a member, Michelle Leichty, to edit my recently released book "Comedy Mom - My Funny Stand-up Life" and a popular local photographer Brenda Lung to take pictures of me on stage (a couple of those pictures appear on the covers of "Comedy Mom!").  Most recently, I met Julie Smith of Creative Alliance who has tremendous ideas regarding web design and SEO.

We all laugh, have fun and I find it a safe and hilarious place to play once a month!

Mary Kay Consultant Lisa Blackmore and Clean Female Comedian Sally Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment